Men are the most difficult creatures to buy for. Well I think so anyway. After many conversations with my female friends, I’m guessing that a lot of you feel the same. With the big day coming up this weekend, I put together a Father’s Day edit of thoughtful gifts for the discerning Dad.
- I recently purchased this golden Bullet Pen by Hay for myself but I think it would be a great add on gift for a Dad. It’s really nice to hold, writes well and looks smart. It doesn’t break the bank too.
- They way to a man’s heart is quite often through a great steak (try Neat Meats if you’re in Auckland) and the experience isn’t complete without some great steak knives. I know that my Frenchman would approve of this stylish Laguiole steak knife set.
- For the Gardener Dad, you can’t go past this Garden Bag, a very cool and practical collaboration between Everyday Needs and Deadly Ponies.
- Slippers? No let’s call them house shoes. I’m a huge fan of Fog linen and these linen slip-ons with leather bottoms are both functional, and comfortable.
- Men tend to love objects, if you have young boys, you’ve probably observed this beginning at a young age with their little collections. Something timeless and beautiful to have and hold would be this Magnifer by Field in bronze and glass. It can also be used as a paperweight.
- A magazine subscription is always a nice idea and The Smith Journal is such a good read. It’s full of thoughtful, fun and interesting articles and with great imagery. This magazine is a keeper and one that you’ll enjoy picking up too, even with male slant.
Happy shopping for these special men!