So you want to be a stylist? Or perhaps just practice at your styling skills a little? I know that this is something that I’ve really enjoy challenging myself with since I began blogging.
I’ve spoken to a few other bloggers about this in the past, and it seems that there are always a few things that hold them back from styling. The first is coming up with a subject or reason to style, and the other is that they’re tired of using the same props over and over again.
I can help a little with that.
Each mid month I will announce a theme for you to style. You don’t have to but to challenge yourself a little more, borrow some props for this challenge. You can do this from a friend, or hop into a stylist’s shoes and borrow from a store or maker and credit them in your post.
If you have a blog, you can slot this into your monthly schedule planning, or perhaps you’re just on Instagram, that’s fine to post there also. Or you can do both. You can join in every month or when you have the time. The idea is to have some fun and improve our skills along the way. Are you in?
Move furniture around, empty a room of furniture and make it a blank canvas (this happens to my son’s room quite often), think outside the square, do a little, do a lot, but have fun getting creative.
Oh and one very important piece of information here – you don’t have to be a Lotta Agaton and style such an scene now, but hey with a little practice you may just be the next “it stylist”.
So for the month of June, this is the topic:
BREAKFAST IN BED
I’d love it if you join in on your blog, Instagram or both! Oh and food bloggers will find that a lot of the topics (including this one), are relevant to them.
What to do:
- Post any time in the month of June
- Credit the three or more items that you’ve borrowed (only if you wish)
- Please use the hashtag #styledcanvaschallenge on any social media and tag me @styledcanvas so that I can find you and share
- If you write a blog post, please link to styledcanvas.com and make mention of the challenge.
- Choose my favourite styled space and feature it on the Styled Canvas blog the following month
- Pin one of your images from your blog post to the #styledcanvaschallenge Pinterest board and
- Link your blogpost at the end of my post so others can find you.
I can’t wait to see your “breakfast in bed”!
P.S. Please help me by spreading the word:)